Home Furnishings/Furniture/desk chair casters on fine caucasian rug

Question
This rug is old and has a rather flat weave. If I put rolling desk chair on it with a plastic protector (without any nubbins to stick into rug weave), will it be safe?

Answer
Hi Christopher,
Thank you for your email and your question. Unfortunately, a photo did not come through. Did you attach one? Please feel free to email me directly (RugLady@JahannAndSons.com). My guess, though, without seeing the rug is that it would be best to put the rug somewhere else. Even with a protector, the rolling casters will create lots of traffic over the rug, and rugs that are so worn that they almost appear to be a flat weave should be put in rooms that get little traffic to prolong their life. And, using a rug pad would help too!
Katie  

Home Furnishings/Furniture

Jahann and Sons Persian Rugs