Home Improvement--General/re-stain wood paneling?

Scottie wrote at 2010-10-13 18:09:11
I tried doing this myself. The Minwax doesn't soak in and remains sticky unless you sand all of the paneling. This is a project that I will never tackle again!

John W wrote at 2013-01-07 18:32:57
Jason-

I am in the SAME exact situation and was curious as how you came out on this. We just bought a home in Plano that was built in 1983. We have the honey golden paneling floor to celing in the family room. It is actually a pretty cool space with tall 12' ceilings, and I think the paneling is pretty unique. I would like to restain the paneling in maybe a darker walnut or mahogany to give it that "old library" kind of feel, but I am very nervous about ruining the paneling because it is in good shape, just a blah color. Did you have any luck?

Home Improvement--General

Steve Young