Home Improvement--General/asphalt sealing with dry portland cement

steve wrote at 2009-09-24 20:39:04
i have just had my storage facility paved and one of the operators told me the same thing about portland cement. the owners of the asphalt company said no way but did suggest that they could properly seal it for $5 a yard. i get the impression that using the proper sealer is better but way more expensive. i plan to let the pavement cure and then try a small area with the cement. i was told that the cement will change the color of the asphalt so if you want to keep it black you may want to use the proper sealant

Carrie wrote at 2015-06-29 17:45:24
My Dad did this to his new ashphalt driveway...although I don't recall if he let it cure awhile.  I do recall that he did do it and that it lasted well and looked very nice.  Much cooler too.  

Home Improvement--General

Sarah Leech

Our family asphalt business has been proudly installing and sealcoating driveways and commercial parking lots for over 40 years. I welcome any and all questions about the asphalt sealcoating and/or asphalt paving of your driveway and/or parking lot. How to's for do it yourself sealcoaters, professional advice for your commercial parking lots, what products and tools to use; and what not to use. Tips, tricks and general useful knowledge in an area where most people don't know where to look for help!

I grew up in the family business of asphalt paving. For 11 years I was the VP of the family asphalt business and now at 34, I own my own company, ASAP Asphalt Sealing And Paving Co. Currently, ASAP Asphalt is one of the largest asphalt sealcoating companies in Western PA!

Peters Township Chamber of Commerce Building Trades Association

Graduated from Peters Township High School 1992 BA in Psychology from Slippery Rock University 1997 National Pavement Expo Convention 2006

Member of Manchester Who's Who

Babies-R-Us The Home Depot, Liberty Mutual, Consol Development, PNC Bank, Kohl's, Sheraton, Red Roof Inn, Michael's,