Home Improvement--General/Paving Asphalt over spilled Hydraulic Fluid

drhogan wrote at 2012-04-16 12:12:25
"There really isn't much that we, as contractors, can do to clean up oil spills except to soak it up as best we can"  This is an "Expert"?  What a BS answer.  At the very least get you guys out there with hot water and Dawn dish washing liquid followed by a pressure washer!

Tom Harmon wrote at 2012-10-25 15:35:34
We had a contractor break a hydralic line on a skidloader on a public street. He left the oil on the street overnight and it ran into a storm drain and no attempt was made to absorbe it at all. We made him clean up all the oil with floor sweep and soap with scrubber on a bobcat. We made him clean up all the oil in the storm drain with floor sweep and soap alos. The next morning there were several spots that we could insert a screw driver into, so he will mill and overlay an area about 16 square feet.

Home Improvement--General

Sarah Leech