Home Improvement--General/basement window

Hi Brian,
Residential, basement window with metal frame, concrete foundation about 1.5-ft off the ground outside, outside temperature 31-32-deg with snow flurries, on the outside the foundation is wet about 6-in below the bottom of the window frame.

What does that mean and how do I fix that?
Thank you,

The interior temperature being warmer will create condensation . You can seal the inside walls with a concrete sealer sold at Home Depot or any local hardware store . If the problem persists , it is because you have a lack of ventilation and the air is stagnant . A small fan on the wet wall during cold weather will ensure that the widow condensation does not stay on the wall and create mold . Good luck and have a great weekend . Brian Michael Flickinger  

Home Improvement--General

Brian Michael Flickinger

I can answer all ,but electrical and plumbing questions!

I was an expert volunteer for a while, and was asked to be a HOME IMPROVEMENT GURU by YAHOO after excelling in the volunteer program for questions.

I was a MASTER SPRAYER/painter for the BROTHERHOOD OF PAINTERS UNION in NYC. I am a MASTER CARPENTER,and well versed in all related fields of home building,remodeling,and repair.

My work as a finish carpenter,and painter has appeared in ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST for various companies.

I learned cabinet making, and furniture repair after school ,beginning at the age of thirteen until I graduated at 18 .My parents were the largest antique dealers on the east coast for 22 years.I did not want to limit my skills.I also worked in residential demolition at 15,was an insulation installer at 17,framed houses at 18 was a labor foreman for a mason at 19,and began designing and building custom kitchen cabinets and furniture at 20,after 20 I freelanced for high end residential builders,and remodeling experts.

I was asked by YAHOO to be a HOME IMPROVEMENT GURU in 2007.

PAST CLIENTS, and job descriptions can be viewed on line under my full name and TOP EXPERT,in 2007.