Home Improvement--General/basement window

Question
Hi Brian,
Residential, basement window with metal frame, concrete foundation about 1.5-ft off the ground outside, outside temperature 31-32-deg with snow flurries, on the outside the foundation is wet about 6-in below the bottom of the window frame.

What does that mean and how do I fix that?
Thank you,
Randy
USA - MA

Answer
The interior temperature being warmer will create condensation . You can seal the inside walls with a concrete sealer sold at Home Depot or any local hardware store . If the problem persists , it is because you have a lack of ventilation and the air is stagnant . A small fan on the wet wall during cold weather will ensure that the widow condensation does not stay on the wall and create mold . Good luck and have a great weekend . Brian Michael Flickinger  

Home Improvement--General

Brian Michael Flickinger