Home Improvement--General/Hunter Ceiling Fan Installation

I'm trying to replace the ceiling fan in my master bedroom.  I bought a Hunter
model 25818 and installed it last night.  My house is 5 years old, and this fan
also provides the light for the room from two separate wall switches, one for
fan only one for lighting kit on fan.  After installing the fan, and turning on
the power, the fan works fine, but the lighting kit that came with it does not.  
I'm hoping i got the wiring right.  From the ceiling there is a solid white,
solid black, ground, and solid pink wire.  From the fan, there is a solid white,
solid black, black/white, and turqouise green/ground wire.  I matched the wires
color to color, except for the solid pink from the ceiling, which i connected to
the black/white wire from the fan.  Do i have a bad lighting kit?  i can control
the fan speed by pulling the chain. Thanks for your help...

--ryan k.

I'm Sorry For The Delay Getting To Your Question.  OK, I Am Not Familiar With That Specific HUNTER Model, However...  The Way A Cieling Fan & Lite Kit Is Usually Wired Is The MOTOR and The LIGHT KIT Share The Same NUTRUEL or WHITE Wire, So Your White Should Connect To White, Your Greens Are Your GROUNDS, However, In Most Cases The BLACK Is For The LIGHT KIT Only And The BLACK/WHITE Is For THe Motor, The BLACK & BLACK/WHITE Should Not Be Wired Together.  That Information Should Be In Your Instruction Sheet That Came With Your Unit, (It Could Be VisaVersa)  FAN Manufactures Commonly Make A FAN MOTOR, And Switch Lite Kits To Achieve A Different Look Or To Sell One At A Lower Price, Using A Cheaper Light Kit.  The Result Is That THe WIRE COLORS Do Not Always Match Correctly, Like Your PINK & TURQOUISE Should Be The Same Color If One Is Coming From The FAN And The Other Is In The LIGHT KIT.  I Hope This Helps, I Recommend Looking Closely At The Instruction Sheet, Even Thou It Might Be Very Generic Or Un-Specific.  Thanx For Asking, Kevin

Home Improvement--General

Kevin Marcum

General To Advanced Home Repair & Remodeling. Electrical, Plumbing & Trim Are My Specialty. I.E. "Why Won't My 3 Way Switch Work From 2 Locations?" The Normal Mistakes Are Misplacement of The Travelers & Commons. People Adding A 3 Way Dimmer Usually Use A Different Manufacturer and The Travelers Are Located In Different Places. General Plumbing Questions About Dishwasher Connections, Icemaker Connections, Drains Ect. Trim Work Could Be Anything From Building A Bookcase To Installing A Shelf in A Closet. Please Read Experience For More Information!

I Have Been Around Residental Construction Since I Was about 7 Years Old. Owned My Own Electrical Construction Co. Until I Was Hurt In The Mid 90's. I Have Done REMODEL Work, ROOM ADDITIONS, ROOFING, PLUMBING, TRIM Carpentry, and Lots Of RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICAL Work, Including Some COMMERCIAL ELECTRICAL and OFFICE Remodeling. I Would Love To Be Able To Share My Knowledge With Others & Enjoy Fixing Problems. Thanx, Kevin P.S. I Know It Is No Grammically Correct To Capitalize Everything, But It Is A Habit. I Can Still Type 30 + WPM Using My Pinky On The Shift Key!

Besides Have My LIFETIME OSHA Card, I Belong To HANDYMAN CLUB of AMERICA, Both Are Pretty Much No Brainers. No UNIONS, Clubs, Or Professional Organizations. However I Have Been Trained To Teach ADULT READING Using Phonics, That, I Know, Is An Unrelated Topic.

I Was On The YEARBOOK & NEWSPAPER Staff In High School. (I'm Sure That Doesn't Count)

I Have A High School Diploma, In Addition, I Have Been To School For Special Lighting, Telephone & Sound Systems. LUTRON Lighting Co. Allentown PA. 1995 SQUARE D Co. (ELAN Home Electronics) 1994 nccer Member (National Center For Construction Education and Research) 2008 OSHA #002413256 Construction Safety & Health (10 Hour Course) WV Adult Dept of Eduction Diploma In Wood Mill & Cabinetry 2008 20 + Years Experience of Hands On Construction Work

I Have Plaques From, LUTRON, & SQUARE D, As Well As My Diploma's. No Specific Awards Since Maybe In High School.

If You Would Like To Check My Honesty & Character Just Look On EBAY. I Sell On EBAY For A Living, I Should Say My Wife An I Make That Little Extra To Make Ends Meet on EBAY. Seller Name Is BuddyStuff4U. You Can See What I Sell, My Communications Ability & Read My FEEDBACK From EBAY Customers.