Home Improvement--General/Mobile Home Remodel

My husband and I bought a brand new double wide mobile home in 2008. The home is set on a concrete foundation and anchored into the ground. We currently have a large front deck and attached carport. We are currently thinking of making some major changes to the home, specifically adding a metal roof to the home. We are also considering changing all carpet in the home to vinyl floor, and possibly in the future building new cabinets for the kitchen and laying new countertops. We've also been considering adding bricks to the home, mainly to take the place of the skirting and then bricking about 1/3 of the way up the home. My question is-are these renovations worth it? I know that mobile/manufactured homes tend to depreciate in value, and if this doesn't increase the value of our home, I'm just not sure that it's worth the money or the time. Hope you can help. Thank you in advance!

Is it worth it? That is a common and difficult question to answer.
It is worth it if it will bring value later when you go to sell and the satisfaction from the enjoyment of using and seeing all the new finishes. There have been many studies done which show the cost of the improvement and the vale at resale time. Google home improvement cost vs value and see for yourself. Most of the improvements you mentioned will only give you a return of around 30% back at resale time. So financially it does not make sense but you have to put a vale on the enjoyment factor. Only you can put a number on that. If you are going to stay in the home for more than 15 years then it may be worth it. If you are moving again in less than seven I would not make such improvements.

Home Improvement--General

Jay Cipriani

How do I select a professional remodeling contractor? What needs to be in a home improvement contract to protect the home owner? General design and estimating questions. Product selection, analyzation of bad workmanship, and expectations of a remodeling process.

Cipriani Builders, Inc., now Cipriani Remodeling Solutions, is a professional, design-build remodeling firm, founded in 1978. I got into the remodeling business largely because of his father who was also a contractor. Cipriani Builders has serviced over 3,000 homes throughout the South Jersey area. They include kitchens, bathrooms, additions, windows, siding, roofing and much more.

National Association of Home Builders Remodelors Council (NAHB) American Institute of Architects West Jersey (AIA) Better Business Bureau (BBB) Builders League of South Jersey (BLSJ) National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) New Jersey Remodelers Association VP (NJRA) Tri-County Code Association Cherry Hill Chamber of Commerce Greater Woodbury Chamber of Commerce Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) Remodelers Advantage IFDA, VP 2008 ASID

I was the former Host, Writer and Producer of "House and Home" show on a local South Jersey Comcast cable station. I was featured in 1998 and 1999 on The Discovery Channel's "Gimme Shelter 2". I was featured on The Discovery Channel's "Home Matters" with Susan Powell. I have written articles for the monthly trade magazine, Builder/Architect. My expertise in historical renovation received recognition through a project featured on the cover of New Jersey Contractor Magazine. I was featured in 2007 and 2008 in a CBS Channel 10 News story on the home remodeling industry as a Home Remodeling expert.

New Jersey University of Medicine and Dentistry National Association of the Remodeling Industry Certified Remodeler Program

• 30 years of building and remodeling • Cipriani Builders has been featured in the Courier Post, Gloucester County Times, and Philadelphia Inquirer. • Professional Remodeler magazine ran a feature article on Cipriani Builders. • Cipriani Builders were featured in Design / Build Business. This magazine is used a resource among residential design / build professionals and their customers. • Qualified Remodeler magazine listed Cipriani Builders, Inc. as one of the Top 500 Companies Nationally. We continue to move up each year. • Remodeling Magazine added Cipriani Builders to their Big 50 “Hall of Fame”. • Cipriani Builders received the National Contractor of the Year Award for company image from NARI. • Cipriani Builders was awarded the Valuestar Customer-Rated Gold Seal for consistently delivering high customer satisfaction and for passing the qualification steps of insurance, legal, financial status, and state license requirements.

Over 3000 clients in the South Jersey area.