Home Improvement--General/regrouting shower walls

Question
Is it necessary to take out all the grout before regrouting?
What is the easiest way to remove grout?

Answer
I Thought I Had Submitted This Answer Already, So I Am Very Sorry For The Delay Getting Back To You On This, I Some How Missed Your Email.  Yes, You Really Should Remove The Old Grout.  The New Grout Will Not Be Thick Enough or Durable Enough And Will FLAKE Off, and CHIP Out Easily.  Best Way To Take It Out Is Use A Multi-Tool With A Balde, Designed For This.  Several Companies Now Make A Multi-Tool, Best Known Is Probably ROCKWELL, But Harbor Frieght Carries A Genic Brand.  The Multi Tools Use A Vibrating Action, That, With The Proper Blade, Will Very Easily Remove The Grout.  Hope This Helps, and Thanx For Asking, Kevin

Home Improvement--General

Kevin Marcum