Home Improvement--General/Asphalt Sealer

Question
I was given a partially filled drum of sealer about 30 years ago and never used it. I suspect it was possibly water based because I was advised not to let it freeze (???). Is it possible this is still usable? If not how would I dispose of it. I think there's 10 - 20 gallons of the stuff. We have a business parking lot that is gravel - could it be spread out on this maybe to help keep dust down?

Thanks

Answer
Jeff,
I really doubt it is any good.
I am sure it has separated and evaporated to a point that you'll never be able to mix it back to it's original viscosity.

You can try heating it up, (please open the barrel first), then try to mix it as best you can and pour a little in a small spot of that gravel lot to see if it adheres, if it does OK on the gravel, then, that would be the only place I'd use it.

If that doesn't work, you can call Safety Kleen, they'll dispose of it for you.

Home Improvement--General

Bill Hutson