Home Improvement--General/WD40

This might be a dumb question, but is WD40 a "stable" product? If the can ruptured would the contents be dangerous or flamable? Right now I have a can in a bag of tools I have, but was not sure if it would be safe to keep it somewhere it might get knocked around.

Hi James,

I am not sure what you mean by stable but WD-40 is flammable.  This link is to the materials safety data sheet (MSDS) for WD-40 and will provide you with expansive information.  

Home Improvement--General

Tony Wood

I can answer a wide range of home improvement and maintenance questions. My expertise is in carpentry, painting, framing, siding/boxing, doors, windows, decks and screen and glass enclosures. Wood's Home Maintenance Service

I am a life time resident of North Carolina with over 30 years experience in multiple facets of the industrial, commercial and residential construction industry. For the past 23 years I have owned and operated Wood's Home Maintenance Service , providing services primarily in Johnston, Wake and Sampson Counties of North Carolina.

Several Home improvement articles published on Angie's List and other online forums.

High School graduate ~ proficient in CAD (computer aided design), Open Office program suite.