Home Improvement--General/batts over foam

hi..soon our attic will be insulated with spray foam. i have read that, if you want to, you can put batts of insulation over the foam for added r value. is that true? second if you do that, do you first take off the paper backing on the batt or do you leave the paper on and place it facing the foam? thank you!

Hello , you can purchase insulation without paper to increase the R value , and if you choose to you can leave the paper on if you already have some insulation and face the paper to the living space . I hope this helps . Have a great weekend . Brian Michal Flickinger

Home Improvement--General

Brian Michael Flickinger

I can answer all ,but electrical and plumbing questions!

I was an expert volunteer for a while, and was asked to be a HOME IMPROVEMENT GURU by YAHOO after excelling in the volunteer program for questions.

I was a MASTER SPRAYER/painter for the BROTHERHOOD OF PAINTERS UNION in NYC. I am a MASTER CARPENTER,and well versed in all related fields of home building,remodeling,and repair.

My work as a finish carpenter,and painter has appeared in ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST for various companies.

I learned cabinet making, and furniture repair after school ,beginning at the age of thirteen until I graduated at 18 .My parents were the largest antique dealers on the east coast for 22 years.I did not want to limit my skills.I also worked in residential demolition at 15,was an insulation installer at 17,framed houses at 18 was a labor foreman for a mason at 19,and began designing and building custom kitchen cabinets and furniture at 20,after 20 I freelanced for high end residential builders,and remodeling experts.

I was asked by YAHOO to be a HOME IMPROVEMENT GURU in 2007.

PAST CLIENTS, and job descriptions can be viewed on line under my full name and TOP EXPERT,in 2007.