Home Improvement--General/Heating pipe caulking


I live on the 2nd floor of an appt. bldg, I have base board heating , the pipe comes through a large hole in the floor, I can hear every word of a conversation from the lady down stairs , or even when she clears her throat , like she is sitting next to me, I am so Agravated, I would like to know if there is a type of caulking , or foam in a can that I can fill up the hole around the pipe, I am Really hoping there is!!! I can't take it anymore , thank you for your Time and hope you know the answer, sincerely, Lisa

Lisa-that's a tough one because if you can hear her that well it is not just from the one whole in the floor. The soundproofing between floors is bad. So they make a heat resistant caulk/ fire caulk. It is dense and will resist the heat from the pipes. You can get it at Home Depot.
Good luck and feel free to contact me for any reason.

Home Improvement--General

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Glen W


I can answer almost any question about residential construction / renovation


I have worked as a General Contractor for 25 yrs. in 10 states.

BA in Architecture

©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.