Home Improvement--General/Illuminated light switch's

I am remodeling my basement and am replacing all the light switches and outlets. I want to put in some nice illuminated light switches since the room is going to be used on a daily basis and it will be useful in a dark basement. I'm replacing two single switch, one double switch and a switch dimmer combo. I am looking for actual illuminated light switches or something similar, not glow in the dark switch panels. I know this is kind of a simpler question but since its specific you'd be surprised with how much trouble im having.

I would like something nice and am not sure where to go. I have purchased one at Home depot before and it was nothing special but seemed like the best they had. I was kind of disappointed with how dim the light in the switch actually was but could live with it. It worked alright for about a month, after that it started to flash on and off for a week or so and then stopped glowing completely. I have also purchased one for a different room that also seemed to be the best, this time getting it at Menard's, which ended with similar results. Thanks for your time and reading my question.

Sorry For The Delay Getting Back To You.  There Are Soo Many Different Switches On The Market These Days That Will Do What You Want.   I Would Have To Recommend Going Some Place Like STATE ELECTRIC SUPPLY, or A Company That Sells Only LIGHTING SUPPLIES.  Companies Like "LUTRON", "LEVITON" and "GE" Make Great Switching Devices That Will Fill Your Needs.  However, They May Not Look Like A Regular Switch, They Will Be Uliminated and Be Simple To Install.  Your Best Bet Is Probably A "DECORA" Style Switch That Is Uliminated, It Will Be The Easiest To See In The Dark Because Of Its Size.   "DECORA" Style Is A Large FLAT PATTLE Type Of Switch, Compared To A "TOGGLE" Type Standard Switch, Although More Expensive, They Are Very Nice To Look At, As Well As Functional.  Generally, Places Like LOWES, HOME DEPOT, and MANARD'S Do Not Have The Electrical Experts On Staff To Help You, So I Would Find A Local "ELECTRICAL SUPPLY COMPANY".  I Hope This Helps, Kevin

Home Improvement--General

Kevin Marcum

General To Advanced Home Repair & Remodeling. Electrical, Plumbing & Trim Are My Specialty. I.E. "Why Won't My 3 Way Switch Work From 2 Locations?" The Normal Mistakes Are Misplacement of The Travelers & Commons. People Adding A 3 Way Dimmer Usually Use A Different Manufacturer and The Travelers Are Located In Different Places. General Plumbing Questions About Dishwasher Connections, Icemaker Connections, Drains Ect. Trim Work Could Be Anything From Building A Bookcase To Installing A Shelf in A Closet. Please Read Experience For More Information!

I Have Been Around Residental Construction Since I Was about 7 Years Old. Owned My Own Electrical Construction Co. Until I Was Hurt In The Mid 90's. I Have Done REMODEL Work, ROOM ADDITIONS, ROOFING, PLUMBING, TRIM Carpentry, and Lots Of RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICAL Work, Including Some COMMERCIAL ELECTRICAL and OFFICE Remodeling. I Would Love To Be Able To Share My Knowledge With Others & Enjoy Fixing Problems. Thanx, Kevin P.S. I Know It Is No Grammically Correct To Capitalize Everything, But It Is A Habit. I Can Still Type 30 + WPM Using My Pinky On The Shift Key!

Besides Have My LIFETIME OSHA Card, I Belong To HANDYMAN CLUB of AMERICA, Both Are Pretty Much No Brainers. No UNIONS, Clubs, Or Professional Organizations. However I Have Been Trained To Teach ADULT READING Using Phonics, That, I Know, Is An Unrelated Topic.

I Was On The YEARBOOK & NEWSPAPER Staff In High School. (I'm Sure That Doesn't Count)..lol

I Have A High School Diploma, In Addition, I Have Been To School For Special Lighting, Telephone & Sound Systems. LUTRON Lighting Co. Allentown PA. 1995 SQUARE D Co. (ELAN Home Electronics) 1994 nccer Member (National Center For Construction Education and Research) 2008 OSHA #002413256 Construction Safety & Health (10 Hour Course) WV Adult Dept of Eduction Diploma In Wood Mill & Cabinetry 2008 20 + Years Experience of Hands On Construction Work

I Have Plaques From, LUTRON, & SQUARE D, As Well As My Diploma's. No Specific Awards Since Maybe In High School.

If You Would Like To Check My Honesty & Character Just Look On EBAY. I Sell On EBAY For A Living, I Should Say My Wife An I Make That Little Extra To Make Ends Meet on EBAY. Seller Name Is BuddyStuff4U. You Can See What I Sell, My Communications Ability & Read My FEEDBACK From EBAY Customers.