Home Improvement--General/covering recessed lights with insulation

Question
my handyman said my recessed lights ( not halogen or led) are rated zero tolerance and are safe to cover with insulation..is this true??

Answer
MJ, First, I Apologize For The Delay In Getting Back To You, I Was Injured A Few Weeks Ago and Have Been Away From My Computer.  Now, You Might Want To Ask Someone Else, (Even At LOWES or HOME DEPOT Lighting Depts.) But There Is A UL Rating Just Inside The Recessed Light.  It Tells MAXIMUM BULB Wattage Using Different BULB Types.  They Make 2 Different Recessed Lights Basically.  1 For CONTACT With Insulation (It Is Insulated Itself) and The Other Needs To Have The Insulation Kept Away From It.  I Don't Remember The Specific Listing you Are Looking For.  Sorry I Could Not Be Of More Help, Kevin

Home Improvement--General

Kevin Marcum