Home Improvement--General/Siding/Windows

Good Morning Tony.  I need both siding and all new windows but can only afford to do 1 project at a time.  In addition to replacement windows I want to have 2 (old fashioned) large picture windows converted to bay windows.  My question is:

Would it make any difference which project(siding or windows) I do first, for example would there be a chance of the siding being damaged if I were to have the windows in first or vice-versa, or would it be easier for a contractor to do one of these projects first?

Hi Lynn,

A good contractor can do either project first with little or no impact on completed work when the second project is done. That being said it is usually easier to do the windows first. No matter which project you do first just make sure that the contractor knows your plans and what style siding and windows you want. The type and style of siding and windows you choose can make a difference in the order of installation.  The contractor can explain to you the processes involved in each project and help you make a decision on the best way to achieve your goals.

Home Improvement--General

Tony Wood

I can answer a wide range of home improvement and maintenance questions. My expertise is in carpentry, painting, framing, siding/boxing, doors, windows, decks and screen and glass enclosures. Wood's Home Maintenance Service

I am a life time resident of North Carolina with over 30 years experience in multiple facets of the industrial, commercial and residential construction industry. For the past 23 years I have owned and operated Wood's Home Maintenance Service , providing services primarily in Johnston, Wake and Sampson Counties of North Carolina.

Several Home improvement articles published on Angie's List and other online forums.

High School graduate ~ proficient in CAD (computer aided design), Open Office program suite.