Home Improvement--General/kitchen counter tops

In terms of pricing and durability, what is the best counter top to install in my kitchen.  I know that I'm not interested in coreon (? spelling) or formica.
Thank you.

Hello Virginia,
Well, my personal favorite is Corian - and you apparently don't care of it.  Here is an excellent article from Home and Garden TV on countertops.  It says it better than I could:

Let me know if you have any questions.
Good luck,

Home Improvement--General

Steve Young

I will answer questions dealing with home improvement. My specific areas of expertise are flooring (except carpeting), all types of carpentry, water treatment, and minor electrical. I have also built several treehouses and am currently considering expanding my business to concentrate on children's play areas. I love working with all kinds of wood. My favorite types of home repair/remodeling are water treatment, hardwood flooring, cabinetry, bathroom remodeling, and kitchen remodeling. I also have knowledge in residential water treatment, including filters, softeners, reverse osmosis systems and various other types of treatment systems.

I have been working in various forms of construction both personally and professionally for the past 20 years. I am currently the Owner/Contractor of a home repair/remodeling company.

I have a BS in Environmental Engineering and have done Masters work in Management Development. I have also attended various community college and fine arts classes in the Piedmont Triad area and EPA water quality certification classes.