Home Improvement--General/open wall

I have a single story ranch. when you walk into the door of kit. There is a wall on left 6ft. from outer wall on right. Then on your left as you come back through the door starting over is a door way to dinning room. If you made a left into the dinning room. On your right is another wall on other side is living rm. Also as you started at the beginning again in front about 8ft. is the beginning of kit. Now to the left is the door way to the living rm. Only it set back about 3 ft. into the living rm. The wall I want to cut back is on the left by dinning rm. doorway and living room door way but protrude into kit. about 3ft. want to cut it back where it lines up with door way of living rm. so I do not have the 3ft. of wall in my view from when I enter the door way of kit. I am sure it offers some support to the ceiling trusses. What would I have to do to just support that 3ft. that I cut away there.There are no meeting of wall in that area other than the two door ways. Do I need to support that even . Any help will be welcome. Thank You Joe

Morning Joe:

Thank You for asking, It's all about structural support. Before removing any walls check out what walls are holding what up. If your living room and dining room flow into each other with no visible header, this would mean there is a structural header supporting the ceiling/roof above. You can not see this header because the header is reversed above the ceiling.  

I would find a qualified contractor who can give you advice, as to what walls you can take out without weakening any structural supports.

Home Improvement--General

Just about everything, We do it all, Certified NKBA Kitchen & Bathroom Design & Renovations

40 years of experience,Total Renovations in Bathrooms , kitchens, hard wood flooring, additions, roofing , siding , basement egress,including bathrooms / playrooms/office/sheetrock/taping/painting /finish molding.

none, would like to

On the job training

No law suites in 40 years of being in business

I have many clients and would like to e-mail all to you, you can judge better by talking to my clients via phone...