Home Improvement--General/baseboard

Question
QUESTION: Hi Steve,

We removed baseboard tiles from drywall wall, and the wall's surface, the paper layer slightly above the upper edge of the baseboards tiles, is slightly damaged (despite we used a cutter/blade to separate/cut the baseboard top from the wall). What's the propper way to repair this type of drywall damage?

Thanks in advance,

Sincerely,

Vadja

ANSWER: Hello Vadja,
Could you send me a picture of the drywall damage?  It would be easier to give you some advice if I can see what you've done.
Thanks,
Steve

drywallPeeled
drywallPeeled  
QUESTION: Dear Steve,

I circled the damage to the drywall on the pic. The drywall's paper layer is peeled off, as you can see. We'll appreciate you advice on how to properly repair it.

Thank you in advance,

Vadja

Answer
Hello Vadja,
This is a very easy repair.  Here is an excellent website that shows you exactly how to do it.  My recommendation is to use the premixed joint compound rather than mixing it yourself.  You won't need very much and it's easier to work with.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Steve

http://garages.about.com/od/renovatingagarage/ss/Drywall_Repair_2.htm

Home Improvement--General

Steve Young