Home Improvement--General/ceramic tile & pressed wood

Question
QUESTION: Hi Steve,

I have some ceramic tiles baseboards that I'd like to place as a baseboard around the kitchen counter. The baseboard part of the counter doesn't have the formica finishing, so that part is whatever the counters usually are made of, pressed wood. What options do I have in order to "stick" the ceramic baseboard tiles to the pressed wood?

Thank you in advance,

Richard

ANSWER: Hello Richard,
Would you send me a picture of this "pressed wood"  I'm not sure what you mean and it makes a HUGE difference what you are actually trying to put the tile on.
Thanks,
Steve

baseboard
baseboard  
QUESTION: Hi Steve,

I'm sorry for the delay to take the pic and get it in my pc. Here it is. You can see the tile on the floor, then the lower band (baseboard) of the kitchen counter--btw, now it looks like wood to me--and the upper part--which seems to be pressed wood. What options do I have to "stick" pieces of baseboard (of ceramic tile) to the baseboard of the counter? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Richard

Answer
Hello Richard,
Here is an excellent how to video from my friend Ron Hazelton.  Watch it and this should answer all of your questions.  If you still have a question let me know.  Good luck!
Steve

http://www.ronhazelton.com/projects/how_to_tile_a_kitchen_countertop

Home Improvement--General

Steve Young