Home Improvement--General/exterior caulking

Question
threshold
threshold  

stucco bricks
stucco bricks  
Hello Craig,

Attached, please find pics of an exit door, taken from outside the house. The door's aluminum threshold has some old caulk that's falling off. What should I apply to replace the old caulk?

The wall around the door is stucco, and as you can see in the other pic, between the stucco and the brick tiles on the floor, there's some old caulk I'd like to remove. I'm not sure if I should use a caulk or a concrete-like mix to close the crack between the stucco and the brick tiles. What would you recommend to use in that area?

With sincere appreciation,

Luca

Answer
Luca,

Typically on exterior caulking i would use a 50 silicone product. When apply the silicone use a small bead by cutting a small angle to the top of the gun. After pressing your bead from the caulking gun to the crack wet you finger using like a Windex product. It will keep the silicone off your finger and allow you to rake the caulk in the grove like putting icing on a cake. It will make you feel like a pro very quickly. Have a rag handy and keep using the process. Wet finger,wipe the caulk,clean caulk off finger with rag.

Good luck and hanks for asking

Craig Stevens
COO
ARAC Alliance Restoration and Consulting
aracrestoration.com

Home Improvement--General

Craig Stevens