Home Improvement--General/Help with Exterior of Home

Above our windows on the outside of our house are large wooden triangles.  We don't have the money to do siding right now and have painted/replaced wood but I hate it.  Is there something else - design wise we could do to make this look nicer.  I am a Tuscan decorator/old world design is my favorite.  HELP!!!  Any ideas appreciated.  Thanks!

millwork image 1
millwork image 1  

Millwork image 2
Millwork image 2  
Hi Sandy,

This is a little out of my area of expertise.  The only thing that comes to mind and keeps the budget in check is creating a pattern on the triangle area.  This could be achieved by using applique or onlays such as may be found at this link:http://www.architecturaldepot.com/onlays-imported-wood.html  or by buying or building a pattern using stock moldings from a lumber supplier like Lowes or Home Depot.(see attached Images for some ideas.)

Home Improvement--General

Tony Wood

I can answer a wide range of home improvement and maintenance questions. My expertise is in carpentry, painting, framing, siding/boxing, doors, windows, decks and screen and glass enclosures. Wood's Home Maintenance Service

I am a life time resident of North Carolina with over 30 years experience in multiple facets of the industrial, commercial and residential construction industry. For the past 23 years I have owned and operated Wood's Home Maintenance Service , providing services primarily in Johnston, Wake and Sampson Counties of North Carolina.

Several Home improvement articles published on Angie's List and other online forums.

High School graduate ~ proficient in CAD (computer aided design), Open Office program suite.