Home Improvement--General/Sanded Grout

Question
I have re-grouted my tiled bathroom floor and shower (it is all tiles).  I have two questions.  1) To ensure that my shower did not leak, I did not clean off the extra grout from the tiled floor.  It has now settled like cement - how can I remove the access?  On the bathroom floor, there are a few places that the sanded grout did not take.  I have re-grouted those places, but still some places refuse to take.  What can I do?

Thanks,
- shirley

Answer
Shirley i have been there on this one. At one time one of my finishers let the grout dry. Don't panic. Hopefully you have not applied it to thick but i normally take a sandpaper as the sanded grout is porous and sands down without scratching your tile. Do not use a sander but just the paper in your hand and lightly wear it down to where you need it to be. A wet sponge is always the best way to wipe the grout from your floor during the install.

Hope this helps you out

Craig Stevens
COO
ARAC Alliance Restoration and Consulting  

Home Improvement--General

Craig Stevens