Home Improvement--General/moving exterior brick veneer

Question
Have a 22 year old house, brick veneer, slab foundation. Had "minor" stairstep mortar cracks prior to home purchase 6 years ago. Now have more w/cracked bricks. Some veneer has moved so badly that can see behind veneer, most window caulk has failed and some gaps are > half to 3/4 inch (one near fireplace chimney is 1 and 1/2 inches). However,only interior slab cracks are hairline(have removed all original linoleum and carpets over past year and no overt interior level issues). Have put level to bricks and notable displacement. Don't know what type of professional to ask for straight up opinion. Asked city bldg inspector-reply-just caulk cracks!! I believe I have a serious problem here and potential wall failure. HELP. Thanks.

Answer
Jeff,
You are having some foundation sinking.
You'll need to get a reputable foundation company in there to determine whether it needs to be jacked up or anchored. Unfortunately this is not going to be a DIY project.

Stair-step cracks are a tell-tale sign of foundation problems.

Home Improvement--General

Bill Hutson