Home Improvement--General/Filling in saw cuts

Question
Hi Harvey-

Built a new house and in the process of finishing off the basement.

In the rec room I plan on using speckled garage floor paint on the floor. I have several saw cuts going through the room and was wondering what to fill them with (if I can) to make a smooth floor. Can I caulk the cuts or use some other filler? I thought about using the paint to fill the cuts but the stuff is expensive so I don't want to waste any filling up the cuts. Ideas?

Thanks,
Jim

Answer
For $4.98 you can get a grout from Durall MFG.  Just mix with water to a peanut butter consistancy and with a gloved hand smooth it into the cuts and cracks.  Let dry about 20 minutes and sweep off the excess.  You can coat with epoxy right away.  If you want your epoxy to stay on the floor be sure to do a good preperation job or it may peal.  For a free cost analysis and step by step instructions go to www.concrete-floor-coatings.com

Home Improvement--General

Harvey Chichester