Home Improvement--General/Fixing basement door

Question

I can't get into my basement, because my interior basement door is swollen, and I can't open it.

How do I open my basement door?

Will I be able to open the door, if I saw through the slit, that's between the door and the door frame, with a handsaw?

I live in Georgia.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Kari

Answer
Kari,

You should pry or otherwise force the door out, then re-size it to correctly fit the frame, either by planing or sawing.  

If it is really stuck, your saw method may work, but will really scratch up the door and frame.  I would use a reciprocation saw if you can get one.  The hand saw will very likely get stuck.

Bets of luck,

Steve

Home Improvement--General

Steve Major (Owner - Major Design Group)