Answers by Expert:
Licensed Architect in Virginia since 1984.
New Homes, Additions, Alterations, Outbuildings, Failure Forensics;
Small Construction Projects; Remediation and Repair
Architectural design, planning, construction and repair.
• Schematic Design
– objectives statement
– space planning
– feasibility study
– structural, mechanical, plumbing
and electrical system integration
• Permit Drawings
• Construction Drawings
• Contract Documents
• Construction Administration
– construction management
– pre-qualification of bidders
– general and/or sub contracting
– construction progress and
construction contract review and interpretation
– pay request certification
• Construction failure diagnostics
– water intrusion
– structural failures, ...
Due to life safety concerns regarding some aspects of construction I may not be able to help with all questions.
I do not answer structural specification questions without a site visit.
5 year Bachelor of Architecture from
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (VPI-SU)