Home Improvement--General/Copper Kitchen Range

Scratched Copper Hood
Scratched Copper Hood  

We had a mishap while cleaning our copper range and now part of it is scratched/discolored. Is there a way to hide/repair/fix the damage? It was caused by a Scotch Brite sponge and I believe shite vinegar.

Sorry, this outside my area of expertise.  I would suggest you search for a company that manufactures copper range hoods and other decorative copper pieces for kitchen design elements.  They would, particularly, those who do range hoods which require constant cleaning, know how to care for them and should be able to suggest corrective procedures as well as future effective cleaning procedures.  Good luck.

Len Kroll
Wood House Log Homes LLC

Home Improvement--General

Len Kroll

I can provide advice on the proper design, construction, maintenance, restoration, preservation, cleaning and waterproofing of log homes. Questions concerning proper cleaning, sealing, staining and waterproofing are within my area of expertise. My expertise includes new construction and existing log structures. Chinking application or restoration, log replacement and repair are also in my area of expertise.

40 years experience in the log home and construction industries, 10 years in specialty contracting, 30 years in the log home field. We have designed, produced, supplied and built over 3,000 log homes and restored/repaired over 600 log homes. See more information at our web site: www.woodhouseloghomes.com.

Authored a monthly column expressing the Vice President and General Manager's "Observations and Insights" distributed to 300 employees and management.

BS degree in accounting, University of Illinois, 1963. Master of Business Administration degree, University of Chicago Graduate School of Business. Numerous relevant seminars including an intense two week business administration seminar, University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business, 1978. National Home Builders Association Graduate Builders education program.

National Honor Society Student, Illinois State Academic Scholarship, Dean's List.

References on request