Home Improvement--General/Main fuse

Question
QUESTION: I have an older house the main fuse doesn't want to stay in the fuse box.It just kinda slips out --is there something that I can do to help it stay in place? thanks

ANSWER: Bill,

In my opinion it's time to bite the bullet and get a new main box.

You risk burning your house down if you modify your old box.

Sorry,

GP

QUESTION: The fuse hasn't been out for years and I just pulled it to install a wall oven and it took awhile to stay in place but it finally did--think that is still a problem?

Answer
Bill,

I'm in California, and I'm sure our codes are different.

In California, no licensed contractor would have touched replacing your oven without replacing the main box with a modern system. There is significant danger if you don't make the change.

I'd suggest you ask a local contractor to take a look at it. He'd know better than I.

GP

Home Improvement--General

Gordon Petersen