Home Improvement--General/ceiling

Hi steve: I am going to try and drywall my ceiling. The ceiling is not level i need to put strapping up. I have no idea how to start. Is there a web page i can learn how to do this? I need yo know how to do this.
thank you

Hi Jerome,

Here are some really good websites.  Let me know if you need more information.  This is really a hard job to try and do yourself.  Take my advice and get a case of beer and invite some friends over.  But wait until you get the drywall up before you start in on the beer! :-)

Good luck!

Home Improvement--General

Steve Young

I will answer questions dealing with home improvement. My specific areas of expertise are flooring (except carpeting), all types of carpentry, water treatment, and minor electrical. I have also built several treehouses and am currently considering expanding my business to concentrate on children's play areas. I love working with all kinds of wood. My favorite types of home repair/remodeling are water treatment, hardwood flooring, cabinetry, bathroom remodeling, and kitchen remodeling. I also have knowledge in residential water treatment, including filters, softeners, reverse osmosis systems and various other types of treatment systems.

I have been working in various forms of construction both personally and professionally for the past 20 years. I am currently the Owner/Contractor of a home repair/remodeling company.

I have a BS in Environmental Engineering and have done Masters work in Management Development. I have also attended various community college and fine arts classes in the Piedmont Triad area and EPA water quality certification classes.