Home Improvement--General/soundproofing walls

Question
Hello Steve,
What is the most effective way to soundproof one wall to block sounds from coming from the other side of the wall? How much weight and thickness would this add to the wall? We can soundproof only one, not both, side of the wall. Thank you in advance.

Answer
Hello Shirley,
How much do you want to do to the wall?  In other words would you be prepared to add additional sheetrock or are you looking at a non construction type fix?  Give me more information on your project.  What sound are you trying to reduce, how big is the wall, etc. I will wait to hear back from you.
Steve

Home Improvement--General

Steve Young