Home Improvement--General/Carpet foam backing on concrete

I am renovating my son's basement and under the terribly filthy carpet which was quite new (to previous owners), I found the original 33 year old orange and brown patterned carpet with black foam backing. I can peel off the carpet but the foam is adhered to the concrete floor. Is there a tool or an easier way to remove the foam, in preparation for laminate flooring? I have scraped the concrete clean where I added walls but I can't see how I can do all 800 sq. feet like this! Thank you for sharing your expertise.

There is a tool called a "scrape Away" patented by Bowing, that goes on a rotary scrubber.  But it is unlikely that you will be able to find one.  We use a 3 in. razor scraper on a broom stick, then wash with a strong degrease like Degrease Rite, and a rotary scrubber using a stiff brush or black pad.  You can get them at if you like.

Home Improvement--General

Harvey Chichester

Expansion joints, Concrete floor coatings, bubbles, craters, floor repair, industrial flooring, garage floor seals, building maintenance, and floor paint,

Harvey Chichester is a well published principal of Durall Industrial Flooring, a company with more than 40 years experience in developing special flow-coatings for industrial and residential floors. Automotive and shopping centers, breweries, food processing plants, manufacturing plants, airplane hangars, car washes, kennels, warehouses, printing plants, residential basements, pool decks, and condominiums are among some of the facilities in which he has installed floors. During that time, his team of chemists has produced continual improvements to over 500 products, including the acclaimed Dura Seal and Dura Poxy lines of epoxy floor coatings. He has managed installations in all 50 states, 5 Canadian provinces, and 7 countries.

Durall Industrial Flooring

Aricles appear in over 3500 locations on the web.

MBA Marketing, BSB Finance minor Management, BA Economics minor Sociology, 7 years working beside Bench chemists at Durall Industrial Flooring.

Iowa Beef, Pillsbury, General Mills, Banta Printing, 3M, Control Data, UFE, Land O Lakes, Thousands of residential garages, warehouses, machine shops, and automotive centers