Home Improvement--General/Shower door problem

Question
Hello Diane,

I have a bathtub with sliding glass doors. My doors should slide back and forth but one of them swings in and out. The other one is fine. I'm not sure what part it's missing to hold it in place. Any help would be appreciated

Thank you!

Answer
Hello, Kathy.

I'm having a little difficulty visualizing your problem. Most sliding tub-shower doors have tracks on the top and bottom, and there are guides that are supposed to keep them in line. It may be possible that the "swinging" door is not staying on the track. There are very expensive tub-shower door systems that have a top track only, with guides that attach to the tub to keep the doors aligned. I don't know what your door system looks like, but there is a solution to your problem!

Fixing the door is not a do-it-yourself project. Your best solution is to contact a local shower door company and ask them to help you fix it; you can also ask how much they will charge. The repair will cost some money, but it will be less than buying a new system.

Good luck with your shower door!

Diane Plesset, CMKBD, C.A.P.S., NCIDQ
D. P. Design  

Home Improvement--General

Diane Plesset