Home Improvement--General/Stain on cinder block

Question
I have cinder block walls in the basement of a townhouse I am planning to sell.  I rented  the townhouse for about 4 years previously to a tenant who neglected to tell me there was water coming through 2 windows that left stains on the cinder block.  I tried to clean the stains with a pressure washer, a wire brush and also ammonia, but there is no change.  I don't want to paint, it would be a dead giveaway that there was a problem.  The problem has been fixed by a drainage expert but the stain remains.  I am afraid to use bleach that it might change the color of the blocks.  Any suggestions as to what I might try?  Thank you, Clark.

Answer
You need an acidic cleaner for minerals.  I would try some Muriatic acid and a brush followed by a scrub rinse.  Or you could get some Dura Klean from www.concrete-floor-coatings.com which has some detergents and water softeners in it.  You will have to do the entire wall because the cleaner will lighten were ever it is used, and can make the texture a little rougher.  

Home Improvement--General

Harvey Chichester