Home Improvement--General/grouting problem

I forgot to wipe out a very long line of grout when re grouting in the backyard.  It got really hard...

Is there any good way of removing this hard grout from the slates?

Thank you very much,   Gabe

Hello Gabe,

The only safe way is with an oscillating tool like this:

You can try a dilute solution of muratic acid but this can be very messy and cause chemical burns if you aren't careful.  I would get the tool and try grinding it off.

Good luck and lete me know if you have any questions.

Home Improvement--General

Steve Young

I will answer questions dealing with home improvement. My specific areas of expertise are flooring (except carpeting), all types of carpentry, water treatment, and minor electrical. I have also built several treehouses and am currently considering expanding my business to concentrate on children's play areas. I love working with all kinds of wood. My favorite types of home repair/remodeling are water treatment, hardwood flooring, cabinetry, bathroom remodeling, and kitchen remodeling. I also have knowledge in residential water treatment, including filters, softeners, reverse osmosis systems and various other types of treatment systems.

I have been working in various forms of construction both personally and professionally for the past 20 years. I am currently the Owner/Contractor of a home repair/remodeling company.

I have a BS in Environmental Engineering and have done Masters work in Management Development. I have also attended various community college and fine arts classes in the Piedmont Triad area and EPA water quality certification classes.