Home Improvement--General/porch floor caulk

Question
I am replacing some planks (Doug Fir) on a covered front porch floor, and sanding/repainting.  The old planks are 2x T&G, but some have up to 1/8" gaps between them, which I would like to caulk but my research is turning up very conflicting recommendations as to type of caulk (acrylic vs polyurethane) or whether caulk is recommended at all.  It is also starting to get cold in upstate NY (Trumansburg, near Ithaca), but I can wait 'till Spring if necessary.  The porch is covered but the edges do get some moisture/weather.  Then of course there's some road salt on the driveway in the Winter that people can bring up to the floor on their shoes.  Finally, the old planks are painted, and I've already primed the new ones.

Answer
Hello Michael,
Do you mean that there is a gap beyond the tongue?  In other words is the gap large enough to allow water to drain through?  Could you take a few pictures and send them?  You can attach them to your response if you can do it.
I will wait to hear back from you,
Steve

Home Improvement--General

Steve Young