Home Improvement--General/Porch flooring

I tried responding to your request for photos, but I haven't heard from you so maybe I didn't do it right.  Again, the question is caulk or no caulk for a front porch of 2x Doug Fir, and what kind of caulk, with gaps up to 3/16" between planks.  I will attach two pictures, #1 shows the 3/16" gap, all the others are 1/8" or less.

Hi Michael,
Sorry for the delay - I've been out of town.
I don't believe that I would do anything. You won't really gain anything and the probability is it will wind up cracking and not looking all that great in a few years.  I would paint or whatever you are planning and be done with it.
Let me know if you have any more questions.

Home Improvement--General

Steve Young

I will answer questions dealing with home improvement. My specific areas of expertise are flooring (except carpeting), all types of carpentry, water treatment, and minor electrical. I have also built several treehouses and am currently considering expanding my business to concentrate on children's play areas. I love working with all kinds of wood. My favorite types of home repair/remodeling are water treatment, hardwood flooring, cabinetry, bathroom remodeling, and kitchen remodeling. I also have knowledge in residential water treatment, including filters, softeners, reverse osmosis systems and various other types of treatment systems.

I have been working in various forms of construction both personally and professionally for the past 20 years. I am currently the Owner/Contractor of a home repair/remodeling company.

I have a BS in Environmental Engineering and have done Masters work in Management Development. I have also attended various community college and fine arts classes in the Piedmont Triad area and EPA water quality certification classes.