Home Improvement--General/room redesign for elderly

Question
Room
Room  
QUESTION: I have a room that's 11.5 feet X 19.5 feet that I need to redesign for my 96 year old husband. This is the only room on the first floor that would be available for his use. I'm hoping to add a full bath and a closet in the space and need to keep it handicap friendly. Because of the many windows in the room and no way to move the door, the only place I can see to add the closet and bath is in the corner beside the sliding glass door, but I can come up with a way to configure a closet and bath in that space. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

ANSWER: Hello Rubye,

I'd love to help you, but I cannot read the plan that you sent. I wonder if you could please scan it at a higher resolution, and with more contrast, so I can read the dimensions and notes you spent time putting onto the plan. I copied your plan to PaintshopPro, but it was still unreadable.

Thank you!

Diane Plesset, CMKBD, C.A.P.S., NCIDQ
D. P. Design

"See the Possibilities. Create a Positive Difference."

Room
Room  
QUESTION: Sorry, I'll try again. When I open it seems readable, so I can't really tell from my end. Thanks for responding.

ANSWER: Hello, again, Rubye.

I'm sorry to say that I still cannot read the document. I know I can help you. If you cannot scan your sketch so I can read it, let's try another approach: Can you photograph the room multiple times? I'd like to see photos taken with you standing in each corner and photographing the opposite diagonal corner. It will also be helpful to have photos of all four walls, with you standing with your back to a wall to photograph the opposite wall. Is this a possibility? I hope so!

Thank you for your patience.

Happy New Year!

Diane Plesset, CMKBD, C.A.P.S., NCIDQ
D. P. Design

QUESTION: Dang, so sorry. I'm going to try the floor plan again. I've redrawn it with ink and wrote in bigger print, as well as putting it through my copier three times on the darkest setting. Unfortunately, my SD card reader on my printer isn't working, so I have to try to go with the floor plan. If you can't read it this time, when I go to town next week I'll get a SD reader so I can take pictures. I also have one other idea, but I'll try this one first. Thanks for hanging in there with me. It's been a stressful time for me with my husband in the hospital with pneumonia and I'm not the best with electronics.

Answer
Hello, Rubye.

I totally understand your challenging situation. So sorry about your husband. We'll take care of him, together. Thank you for being courageous and persistent.

I saw two messages from you, but wanted to answer them in order, to reassure you that everything will be all right.

More to follow . . .

Diane

Home Improvement--General

Diane Plesset