Home Improvement--General/screw for old light fixture

Question
screw
screw  

bad choice
bad choice  
I am trying to locate a replacement screw for an old light fixture --- attaches a covering for the light on a porch. Several hardware stores do not appear to carry it, and I am not sure of its threading, etc. Pictures are attached, including the original screw and the original screw next to one that did not work.

Any ideas for how to track this down?

Answer
James,

I recommend that you stop in at a small machine (tool and die) shop and ask then to measure the thread.  Once you know what the size is, try McMaster-Carr.  They will probably have something that works.  

There are a ton of lamp supply stores on the web as well.

Steve

Home Improvement--General

Steve Major (Owner - Major Design Group)