Home Improvement--General/TRIM

I want to cover my PT trim of my porch. Is there a vinyl product that is made for this? I don't want aluminum because of denting. Just a thin vinyl to cover the band board and risers on the steps.

In this case I would try cutting the trim from larger thin plastic sheet goods, like 4x8 or 4x10 sheets of FRP(fiberglass-reinforced plastic).  This material is available in smooth or textured styles and in UV-resistant exterior formulations from commercial building suppliers and RV fabricators.  Use a high quality carbide plastic blade on a tablesaw for the easiest, smoothest cuts.   Attach with small aluminum trim nails through pre-drilled clearance holes, or adhere with construction adhesive.

Best of luck,

Home Improvement--General

Steve Major (Owner - Major Design Group)

I can answer any questions regarding the design and execution of home improvement and remodeling. This includes trade-specific questions (how-to) in all major building trades: framing, foundations, site prep, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, interior finishing, trim & cabinetwork, exterior finishing, roofing, siding. PLEASE indicate your state or region, so I can provide the best possible answer. PLEASE provide photos whenever possible.

30 years experience in home improvement design and construction, all hands-on, including the construction of dozens of single-family homes and hundreds of remodeling projects in the northeastern US.

Author: "Architectural Woodwork - Details for Construction" published by Van Nostrand Reinhold (now Wiley).

BS -- Cornell University