Home Improvement--General/Wood split on stairs

Question
Hello,

I removed an old carpet from my wood stairs(indoor).

On 4 stairs - the wood was split across the middle (from left to right) Money is tight - what would be the most cost effective way of repairing the steps.

Thank you,

Mike

Answer
Hi Mike,

Are you planning on re-covering the stairs?  Can you tell what kind of wood it is?  Is there any way you can send me some pictures of the splits and how the tread pieces are placed on the riser. One more question:  how thick are the treads and how wide are they?

Let me know and I'll give you some ideas how to take care of this for very little money.
Steve

Home Improvement--General

Steve Young