Home Improvement--General/Bi fold door installation

Question
Hi Steve:

I am framing a basement and just completed construction of the rough opening for a set of bifold doors to enclose the furnace. My question is, can I attach the upper rail to the header or should it be attached to the wider framing that surrounds pre hung doors (for drywall purposes)? Thanks in advance.

Answer
bifold door
bifold door  
Kevin,

Typically the drywall is installed and finished prior to installing door jambs or hanging the doors.  It is important that the rough opening be sized correctly to allow for the installation of the door, for width and height.  It is very difficult to change later.  

I hope the attached sketch can help.

Best of luck,
Steve

Home Improvement--General

Steve Major (Owner - Major Design Group)