Home Improvement--General/new house

Question
I'm planning on building a new home.
One of the questions that came up  was insulation.
My current house uses batt insulation. So it would always be hot in the summer and freezing in the winter on the 3rd floor.
I know that foam insulation will solve that problem, but my builder suggested flash and batt method.
Will flash and batt solve the problem I'm having? or would there be no change at all?

Also in my current house, you can hear everything, people walking around, talking.
I wanted sound proof flooring, the builder told me it would be sound proof since we are doing radiant flooring because it would be installed on a concrete slab.
when doing radiant flooring does the concrete slab only apply to basement floor or on all floors?
I feel like the builder is just trying to save on cost by telling me what I want to hear.

Answer
Flash and batt is another method of insulating a building.
From your problem of not having heating or cooling on the third floor the issue does not sound like anything a variation in insulation would cure.

The problem you describe is common to multistory homes.
Warm air rises cool air falls equaling a warm upstairs in the summer and cold in the winter.
That is happening inside the insulation envelope.

I would look at the air distribution system.

Concrete can be more sound absorbing than wood but it is necessary to look at the entire floor plate assembly. Some radiant systems are installed without concrete.

If you are doing such substantive work on our home why haven't you hired a construction expert or architect to be your advocate and help you work out your design and resolve these questions? If you do not know what the builder is building and why you are in a precarious position.

Home Improvement--General

Thomas Buford