Home Inspection/air duct cleaning

Do you know if home inspectors check the air duct vents to see if they are clean during home inspections for selling of the house?  If so, do you know if the services of those companies that do the air duct cleaning really work?  Thank you.

Some do and some don't.  Cleaning ducts can be very complicated and will often do more harm than good.  Find one that removes all registers and uses hepa filters.  Some experts feel that some amount of dust in the dust actually assists in filtering the air so cleaning requires sufficient removal of all particulate to prevent it from being blown into the house environment after cleaning.

Home Inspection

Charles Buell

I can answer most questions about homes and home inspections, especially as related to the NE and NW regions of the country. I can answer many questions related to plumbing, electrical, roofing, structural, HVAC, insulation & ventilation (especially as applicable to energy efficient homes) and wood destroying organisms. Licensed Structural Pest Inspector #67488 Licensed Home Inspector #220

I had been a design/build general contractor for over 33 yrs prior to my current 5 yrs as a home inspector. I also teach the Electrical, Plumbing, and Insulation/Ventilation portions of the Residential Home Inspection Course at Bellingham Technical College, Bellingham, Washington. As a builder, I specialized in Super Insulated, Energy Efficient Homes. I specialized in Pressure Treated Wood Foundations.

ASHI---American Society of Home Inspectors.

ActiveRain Real Estate Network

BA from SUNY Oswego, Oswego, NY

1979 NY State ERDA Award---$10,000 (Design of an energy efficient home)