Home Inspection/Buyer wants seller to pay for septic

Selling our home and closing date is in 3 days. Our realtor informed me today that the septic inspection came back good, except if buyer intends to hook up washer/dryer (in basement), a separate septic system needs to be installed just for that. When we bought our house 30 years ago, that wasn't required. Am I responsible for paying for that? They did not want my laundry machine, and I don't know they even plan to hook up one. Thank you very much.

It sounds like the washer is draining outside which is not allowed in many areas.
Instead of another septic system you could look into a waste ejector pump that pumps the washer waste up and into the main house drain.  Is there another laundry room in the house?
Everything is negotiable with buyers if you don't want to make the change yourself.  The realtors should be able to help come up with an adjusted offer or something.  Go ahead and get a plumber to quote a price for a waste ejector pump installation if this is something possible on this house.

Home Inspection

Bruce A. King

I can answer questions on technical issues related to homes and explain items you may have seen on home inspection reports. Also, I can answer questions about issues that have occurred after home inspections and give insight into what may have happened. I own B.A. King Home Inspections, LLC and am the only Certified Independent Home Inspector in my entire NC and SC service area. I do not market to realtors so I can tell it like it is, without fear of a big loss of revenue. Sellers can ask questions to gain insight for preparing a home for an inspection. Buyers can ask and learn about what to expect on older homes and even on new ones. I can answer questions about home inspection agreements and explain why they must contain certain elements. I also can answer questions about the various standards of practice used in the industry.

Professional independent unbiased home inspections performed for home buyers since 2005. NC 2449 and SC 1597 license's, Home Building experience, Residential wiring experience, Residential framing experience.

Home Inspector Training, and AAS Electronics Engineering