Home Inspection/inspections

QUESTION: At what point in time, during a buying process, do inspections for a buyer of a home normally take place?  (For example, right after the acceptance of a bid, or the day of the closing, etc.)

ANSWER: You should get your inspections done during the first week after offer acceptance.
On crawlspace homes, you might want to offset extra inspections a few days later so you can see what all is wrong with the house from the regular inspection first (usually a lot since sellers really don't know the true condition under there).  Then its recommended to check the house yourself on your way to closing, especially if they had a fish tank that may have been spilled during the move or recent storms.  It also gives you a chance to see the house without furniture, rugs etc blocking the view.  Hope this helps....

QUESTION: Thanks very much.  One more thing, can a buyer stop the closing based on a last day inspection?   (Our house is very well maintained and we even got our own inspector prior to listing to be aware of any potential problems.  We realize each inspector will find something different most likely but we wanted to be sure it was in good shape).  We are just curious if a buyer can stop a closing based on a last minute inspection. Thanks

That would depend on the real estate contract. There are lots of differences in the way things are done in each state.  Please contact a local attorney to see what is going on exactly. Some questions he will have for you would include these, did you get a repair list in the agreed upon time frame, were you given time to make repairs, did the buyer have a due diligence period where he could walk for any or no reason at all.  Sorry, but you are getting into an area that home inspectors don't have to know anything about here.

Home Inspection

Bruce A. King

I can answer questions on technical issues related to homes and explain items you may have seen on home inspection reports. Also, I can answer questions about issues that have occurred after home inspections and give insight into what may have happened. I own B.A. King Home Inspections, LLC and am the only Certified Independent Home Inspector in my entire NC and SC service area. I do not market to realtors so I can tell it like it is, without fear of a big loss of revenue. Sellers can ask questions to gain insight for preparing a home for an inspection. Buyers can ask and learn about what to expect on older homes and even on new ones. I can answer questions about home inspection agreements and explain why they must contain certain elements. I also can answer questions about the various standards of practice used in the industry.

Professional independent unbiased home inspections performed for home buyers since 2005. NC 2449 and SC 1597 license's, Home Building experience, Residential wiring experience, Residential framing experience.

Home Inspector Training, and AAS Electronics Engineering