Home Recording/Help with recording in Audacity

I work at home and my recording studio is my den in the house.  I record to put podcasts into my webpage and send CDs to Radio Stations.  Do you do house calls?  I need an Audacity instructor.  I have recently downloaded a manual for it.  I am bumbling along, I have some 20 programs made, but I may need more help to improve the quality.

Thanks for your help (in advance)

I live in Pasadena, CA

Graham Davies

Hi Graham - Me thinks you may be from Britain... Anyway, Audacity didn't exist in my 25+ years after recording.  BUT you cane to the right place for soundproofing.  First of all, hanging packing blankets or the like is a form of sound deadening, not soundproofing...there is a big difference!  Erst of all, you need mass, and lots of it...Drywall, cement will do.

No, I don't do housecalls, as I live in Michigan with a defoliating Illness.  Later,

Home Recording

Larry A. Staffen

I worked in Hollywood Ca. for 17 years as a recording engineer/musician. My forte is in analog recording (such as tape editing, bias, record/repro alignment, multi-track, mixing, so much more). As a musician, I also played guitar, keyboards, vocals, music arranging and occasional trumpet. I was quite busy! But due to health problems... here I am! I can respond in one to two days. Care to all, Larry

See above

Cup-a-music, ascap for a Chubby Checker song, '82

2 years associates degree in music, 2 years engineering school Sherwood Oaks experiamental college.

Credits: Lionel Richie, Donna Summer, James Ingram, Burt Bacharach, Delaney Bramlett, Marvin Hamlisch, Edwin Starr, Bill Conti, Franco Zeffirelli (film director)more.