Home Recording/tascam 2488

QUESTION: hello hope u can help me. when i try to get any sounds come out of my speakers or headphones i get nothing  the level indicator shows it is reading the instrument or vocal  but no sound and when i go back and play old mixes my speakers work

ANSWER: Hi Jin - I need to get more specufic information from you.  The only other solution at this point is there a  DBX switch on the back of your unit

QUESTION: there is no dbx switch on a tascam 2488  the basic problem is when plugging in mic the board is showing the level on the lcd but no sound is coming out of speakers or headphones  very weird

Hi Jim - I did some research, but very little as I hoped to find out some information of your dilemma.  Without having an owners manual, this sounds simple.  Do you have a copy of the owners manual, or contact tech support from Tascam in Montebello, CA.  I'm sorry about your failure to rout your signal.

Home Recording

Larry A. Staffen

I worked in Hollywood Ca. for 17 years as a recording engineer/musician. My forte is in analog recording (such as tape editing, bias, record/repro alignment, multi-track, mixing, so much more). As a musician, I also played guitar, keyboards, vocals, music arranging and occasional trumpet. I was quite busy! But due to health problems... here I am! I can respond in one to two days. Care to all, Larry

See above

Cup-a-music, ascap for a Chubby Checker song, '82

2 years associates degree in music, 2 years engineering school Sherwood Oaks experiamental college.

Credits: Lionel Richie, Donna Summer, James Ingram, Burt Bacharach, Delaney Bramlett, Marvin Hamlisch, Edwin Starr, Bill Conti, Franco Zeffirelli (film director)more.