Home Recording/Lots Of Questions

Hi! Its me again. You said to e-mail you, so what is your e-mail?
So, here are a few questions I have..
Question 1:
         You know how there are some songs hard to sing, right? When I write my songs, how do I make mine hard to sing?
Question 2:
         How do I write extremely good songs? Like how do I edit the sng lyrics until they are perfect?
Question 3:
         How much space do I need to make a home music studio?
Question 4:
         My voice is babyish, so, how do I make it a little mre mature?
Question 5:
         What is your e-mail?

K so here we go:

1. Why do you want to try to make your songs hard to sing? Trying to write a song thats hard to sing is like trying to make a car that's hard to drive. It doesn't make sense. There's only two reasons you find certain songs hard to sing:
!. You don't have the training or haven't put in the practice
2. The song is out of your range. (Which could be do to factor number one)

2. You write really good songs by writing about things that matter to you. Personal experiences, feelings etc. Working your lyrics is simply a matter of practice. Write what comes into your head & add to is as you think of things. Keep going over it till something else comes into your head & then write that as well. sing the song over & over till it finishes itself. If you get stuck, walk away & come back to it later.

3. As much as you can afford. If you want truly professional results, you're looking at about 5000.00 minimum.

4. Practice singing songs from people that you would like to sound like & try to mimic their voices.

5. allexperts@rivercityjunction.com

Hope that helps!
Peace - J.

Home Recording

Jason Fryer

I specialize in Macintosh recording systems on OS X & am well versed in most of the available software titles relative to the platform. I can answer most questions about home recording in general such as: Mic placement, recording/mixing/mastering techniques, control room set up, acoustics & acoustical treatment & choosing the right equipment for specific recording applications. I do not answer PC related questions, or questions pertaining CD/DVD copying or ripping.

River CIty Junction Tone King Records

I have been working in studios for over 20 years both as a recurring artist playing on my own recordings & as a session musician, engineer & producer. I run a Mac based studio from my home, use mostly Logic or Garageband. I'll use Garageband for writing & Pre-Prod & move the project over to Logic afterwards. I also have experience using Pro Tools, Digital Performer, Ableton Live & many others. My preferences are Logic & Pro Tools & as such my area of expertise is focussed in these two apps. I'm also an IT guy, sysadmin & electronics technician so can help with technical questions relating to studio operation & maintenance.

River CIty Junction - Guitarist Tone King Records - Owner/Producer

Musician's Professional Workshop Scholarship (CHOM FM)
Vanier College (Classical Music - Guitar)
Herzing Institute (Micro-Computer Electronics)
Have taken numerous online courses in recording/engineering