Home Recording/Roland Edirol FA-66 Sound card

I got a really good deal on the Edirol FA-66 SOundcard. I'm planning to record at home and upload videos on YouTube.
Please tell me what quality I will get with this soundcard and whether it's a worthy buy for $220.
If you know of any other sound card that's below or a little more that this please suggest it to me. Thanks

Extra questions : Will I get the quality that Boyce Avenue or Tyler Ward gets out of this device ?

Your response means a lot to me.
Thanks a dozen .

It seems like a pretty good deal as far as the price you've paid for the unit.

As far as the recording quality - the specs are there, but any recording will only be as good as the engineering behind it. You can have the best gear available, but if music is recorded or mixed poorly, it won't matter what gear you're using.

I am not familiar with the artists you've asked about, but once again - getting a "quality" recording means more than the gear you have, it's knowing how to use it to get the quality you want.

A cheap hammer can still build a beautiful home in the hands of a skilled carpenter. The tools are only as good as the person wielding them.

Home Recording

Wayne Tapia

Ask me general questions about Location Recording, foley, ADR, Pro Tools, recording musical performance, post production for film/video & music. Specific gear questions may or may not be answerable as I don't own or have not worked with everything out there.

Certified Audio Engineer, Pro Tools Certified, Have experience with : Pro Tools (LE & TDM systems) Sony Suite (Vegas, Acid, Sound Forge) Waves Plugins (RTAS & TDM) Over 20 years live music recording and FOH mixing Feature & short film audio Mixing for 5.1 surround

Audio Recording Technology Institute - C.A.E. Vancouver Film School - Digidesign Certified User

See my online resume @ for client listings