Home Recording/from mic to headphones

I need to setup a wired connection from a lavaliere microphone to  headphones about 10 feet away.  In working on this problem, I discovered that you cannot just connect the mic to the headphones.  I understand that the headphones require a higher level than the mic generates.  So, I tried putting a headphone amp in the middle.  That didn't work, and I am baffled.  
mic is JK MIC-J 016

headphone amp Behringer MA400 Monitor Headphone Amplifier

Headphones for testing are just cheap audio-only in ear earbuds

I would appreciate help on how I make this work...

Hello Chuck-
You simply need a Microphone Pre-Amplifier. Microphones require power, and there are many options for this. Mixing boards have mic pre's in them, or you can buy a standalone piece. Behringer makes quite a few low cost options, as well as ART.

Let me know if you need more guidance.

Thanks and Happy Memorial Day!

Home Recording

I can answer questions about; Recording Theory and hardware, advanced music theory and application, songwriting, industry level audio production / mixing / mastering, copyright, publishing, recording hardware and software, and musical instruction.

As a Producer and Composer, I have music featured in over 100 MTV / VH1 / E! network shows, and several international feature films. As a full time audio engineer, producer, and songwriter I have worked with industry greats, mentored up and coming artists, and have dedicated my life to music and music education. My production tutorial series is available online at is featured alongside Grammy award winning engineers and has received critical acclaim internationally.

Authorized Pro Tools Users Forum - "DUC" Music Tech Magazine (future publications)

I am a certified Pro Tools operator, Music Theory and Audio Engineering degree holder from M.I. Hollywood, and authorized trainer of several applications.